Sunday, January 3, 2010

Starting the New Year off right!

Yup - that's right. I've spent a good amount of time of the new year scrapping. Mainly because my dear husband has an eye infection and he feels the best when his eyes are closed or is sleeping. So once Blake's in bed for the evening I'm relaxing with a fun scrapping kit :) It's been very fun!

Anyway - on to the new pages!

First up is this fun Sisters page using Jennifer Fox's kit {Another} Crush on You. I love the vibrant colors! So fun :)


This next one is using some fun products from Sarah Bennett. I mixed and matched kits to create this layout and am very pleased with the finished product. My favorite teddy bear!

So right now Scrap Orchard is down for a new site design. It feels so weird to not be able to log-in and check out the gallery or any of the challenges there. But it will be up hopefully sometime tomorrow! I can't wait to see the new look!
I decided that while SO was down that I would try some challenges over at Sweet Shoppe Designs. They have a new challenge system that really is inspiring! And I've been able to use some of the kits in my stash - which is always a good thing!
This next layout was created for the Treat of the Month challenge. Each month a scrapper is showcased and other scrappers are encouraged to choose a layout from her gallery to lift. This is my lift using Softly Falling by Dani Mogstad.

Did you know that January 23rd if National Handwriting Day? Well it is! And I created this layout using my own handwriting! I'm so glad that I had my handwriting made into a font! I also used Tutti Frutti by Zoe Pearn - I love the end result! Most of my layouts feature Blake so it was nice to do a page about Kevin and me.

And for my last layout the challenge was/is to scrap someone wearing their favorite or wackiest hat. This is my favorite hat of Blake's. I just absolutely love how cute he looks when he wears it. And I LOVE how this layout turned out! I used Amanda Heimann's Year in Review template and Meg Mullens & Kristin Cronin-Barrow's collab Snowy Sidekicks (which I know I will be using a lot of since the kit is devoted to winter and hockey!). I also used a special font that will be showcased over at SO for a challenge soon :)


So that is all I have for today. I am sure that once the week starts I won't be scrapping as much :( I definitely enjoyed my long weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Your pages are totally adorable!!! One of my goals this year is to keep up with posting my pages, so cross your fingers for me, k? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're really getting those challenge layouts done! Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your LOs are just amazing, I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! Your pages are fabulous!! I am glad you are playing with us at SSD!!!! I so need some motivation from you! I haven't scrapped a lick since January came around. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a scrappin girl - and the pages are fabulous!!! Way to knock them out!! I miss scrap orchard - but can't wait to see what they come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layouts are so beautiful!! every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous work! Glad you came to check us out!

    ReplyDelete